Abstract Submission Rules
- Abstracts should be submitted by the online abstract system.
- Abstracts should include animal or human research study results or high-quality case reports or case series discussing rare cases or interesting conditions in the field of intensive and critical care medicine. Systematic review and meta-analysis results can also be submitted. Abstracts should meet universal ethical standards. Submitted abstracts must describe unpublished work, which is not in press, nor has been submitted as an abstract or a manuscript. Abstracts in narrative review, opinion, and view format will not be accepted.
- Abstracts should be uploaded to the system in English.
- The relevant abstract category should be selected and the abstracts should consist of the following parts:
- Title: It should be written in bold. First, the letters of the words should be in capital letters (except articles and prepositions) and the rest in lower case. Abbreviations should not be used in the title.
- Authors: Names and institutions should be entered separately. The names and addresses of the institutions of the authors and the corresponding author who will present the abstract should clearly be indicated. For communication, corresponding authors should specify their e-mail and phone numbers. Academic titles should not be used in author names.
- Abstract body:
- For research studies, systematic reviews and meta-analyses it should be composed of the following sections: Introduction and Aim; Patients and Methods; Results; Conclusions; References (up to 2 references if any, in Vancouver style; examples; Up to 3 authors “Quintairos A, Pilcher D, Salluh JIF. Intensive care scoring systems. Intensive Care Med 2022;35:1-3.” More than 3 authors “Boots R, Xue G, Tromp D, et al. Circadian rhythmicity of vital signs at intensive care unit discharge and outcome of traumatic brain injury. Am J Crit Care 2022;31:472-482.”
- Case reports and case series should consist of an Introduction; Case(s); Conclusions; References (up to 2 references if any; see the examples above).
- Only 1 Table or Figure in jpeg or png format with high resolution can be uploaded. The table title should be written above and the Figure title should be written below the figure.
- Keywords: Maximum 5 keywords should be entered complying with MeSH.
- Except for the title, author information, abstracts should be maximum of 400 words.
- Size 11 in Arial format should be used including the table or the figure.
- Abbreviations in the abstract body should be written clearly where they are first used.
- All abstracts will be peer- and blind-reviewed by the Abstract Evaluation Committee. The members of the Abstract Evaluation Committee will review the abstracts according to their content, language of writing and the innovation that they bring to the literature. The acceptance of an abstract will be made after the referee’s evaluation. The Congress Organizing Committee reserves the right to make the final decision concerning the form of the presentation as poster or oral presentation and the decision will be sent to the corresponding author.
- The authors are responsible for compliance with the ethical principles, English language and submission rules. Abstracts with serious language problems and abstracts not complying with submission and ethical rules may be rejected. Errors will not be amended by the organizers and the Abstract Evaluation Committee.
- An acceptance letter concerning the abstract evaluation result will be e-mailed to the author. At least one of the authors must register the Congress by June 19th, 2023, for the abstracts to be accepted. In addition, abstracts either as posters or oral presentations must be presented during the congress to be published.
Copyright and Publication of Abstracts
- Submission of an abstract implies that it has been approved by all listed authors. Submission of an abstract constitutes authors’ consent for publication (e.g. Congress website, program, etc…).
- All accepted and presented abstracts will be published online and selected ones will be printed in the “Journal of Critical Care”.
- All copyrights are assigned to the hosting Societies, i.e., the World Federation of Intensive and Critical Care, Society of Turkish Intensivists and Journal of Critical Care.
- Register to the system using the “New User” link and create a new account.
- After signing up, explanations on the page will help you to proceed. Please read the messages and explanations carefully.
- A confirmation message will be sent to the corresponding author’s e-mail address after the abstract submission is completed. Please keep this confirmation mail. If this e-mail doesn’t appear, please check your spam folder.
- The entire evaluation process can be pursued through the corresponding author’s account and e-mail.
- For technical support or questions during submission, contact with LookUs Information Services Ltd Tel: +90 (216) 372 66 44 from 08:00 to 17:00 on weekdays (Istanbul time), email@example.com