Abstracts submitted by authors from low and middle-income countries* (LMIC) will be eligible for the WFICC International Rising Star Awards. There will be one award for the highest ranked oral presentation and the highest ranked poster. In the spirit of multidisciplinary practice, the award winner(s) could be a nurse, physician or other provider.
The WFICC award criteria is as follows;
- Intensive care professional within 5 years of completing specialty training (could be a doctor, nurse or other professional)
- Accepted abstract for oral or poster presentation at the 16th World Congress
- International attendee (not from the hosting country) from a low income or lower-middle income economy country*
- Must be present at the 16th World Congress
The award winners receive a certificate, waived Registration Fees for the next WFICC World Congress (Vancouver 2025) and a travel assistance grant of up to $2500 USD.
* the determination of a LMIC uses the same criteria as that used for determining the relevant registration categories for the 16th World Congress (2023)